Delay in commencing Qualifier Competitions

Dear Member,
It has been decided after discussion between the Centre and the Golf Club that due to the condition of the course that Handicap qualifying competitions including general play will not be played until at least the third week in April.
For those that play regularly will have seen the course is very wet and in some parts showing damage to the course despite the amazing efforts of John Evans and his greenkeeping staff.
There have been drainage issues that Theresa has requested and received a large amount of financial input from Burhill to have repaired during April and maybe into May.
As the rain water levels continue to flood greens and fairways the damage is evident to all who have played when allowed.
Local courses around Nottingham have seen extensive periods of closure where Theresa John and the teams who work for them have tirelessly worked to keep that course open for all members if possible.
I do hope that you will continue to support Theresa, John and team as they strive to provide the best course around and understand that this decision has been made for the best for all members and to assist John and his team of greenkeepers to bring the course back to its best as soon as possible.

John White
Competition Secretary.